If you're struggling with weight loss, you might be interested to know about two new drugs that have shown promising results: Semaglutide and Tirzepatide. These are two medications that are FDA-approved for weight management and can help you achieve sustainable weight loss when combined with a customized diet program.
Compounded Semaglutide (Ozempic) and compounded Tirzepatide (Mounjaro) belong to a class of medications known as GLP-1 receptor agonists. They work by mimicking the effects of a naturally occurring hormone in the body called GLP-1. GLP-1 helps regulate appetite and food intake, slows down digestion, and increases insulin secretion, which can lower blood sugar levels. Semaglutide and Tirzepatide can help you feel fuller and less hungry, which can reduce the amount of food you eat and help you lose weight. Additionally, they can improve insulin sensitivity, leading to better blood sugar control and potentially reducing the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
How long does it take to lose weight with Semaglutide and Tirzepatide?
The weight loss results with Semaglutide and Tirzepatide can vary from person to person, but studies have shown that they can lead to significant weight loss when combined with a customized diet program. You will slowly work your way up to the target dose at which time you will see the most amount of weight loss. This can take up to 20 weeks to reach your target dose but should be losing 1-3 lbs per week as the dosage is increased. Typically you will lose up to 10% or more of your body weight with Semaglutide and 15% or more of your body weight with Tirzepatide. Sometimes the medication may not work for you, or you may not be able to tolerate the full dose due to the side effects. Your practitioner will provide additional options or change the protocol to better suit your individual needs.
If you have tried multiple diets and exercise programs to lose weight but still struggle to reach your weight loss goals, schedule a consultation to discuss compounded Semaglutide (Ozempic) and compounded Tirzepatide (Mounjaro).
How Does the Program Work?
The program at Ageless Wellness Center includes an Initial Consultation with your practitioner, a start and finish Body Composition, all of the Semaglutide or Tirzepatide medication required, monthly weigh-ins and measurements, initial labs to include CBC, CMP, Insulin, HgbA1C, Lipid Panel, Thyroid Panel, and Thyroid Antibodies and a repeat of the same labs at 4 months plus any optional upgrades you wish to choose.
Optional Upgrades Include:
- 1 hour consultation with our Dietician.
- Vitamin B12 with MIC (fat burner) injection.
- Peptide Therapy to enhance weight loss such as CJC -1295 + Ipamorelin, BPC-157, and others.
- IV Meyers Cocktail with Amino Acids or customized IV Vitamin and Mineral Infusions.
Things to keep in mind when you are on Semaglutide or Tirzepatide:
- Limit how much alcohol you are drinking. Alcohol can have an effect on your blood sugar, and there is a risk that it may drop too low in combination with Semaglutide or Tirzepatide especially if you are diabetic and/or drinking on an empty stomach. Alcohol may irritate your stomach and worsen GI side effects when in combination with the medication.
- Ensure your provider knows all medications you are taking before starting Semaglutide or Tirzepatide. The medication slows down gastric emptying which could potentially impact the amount of oral medication absorbed by the body.
Potential side effects:
- Stomach pain
Less common but more serious side effects of Semaglutide and Tirzepatide include pancreatitis, gallbladder problems, and kidney problems. If you experience any symptoms such as severe abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, or jaundice, you should contact our office.
Customized Weight Loss Program with compounded Semaglutide & Tirzepatide.
Contraindications – you cannot take Semaglutide or Tirzepatide if you have any of the following conditions:
- Personal or family history of Medullary Thyroid Cancer
- Type I Diabetes (Autoimmune Condition)
- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia
- Decreased Kidney Function
- History of Gallbladder Disease that is untreated.
Use With Caution
- Those who are prescribed Metformin
- Those with an elevated heart rate (as there are GLP-1 receptors in the SA node)
- Those with GI Disorders
- Those on BP medications
Get a Weight Loss Therapy/Treatment Consultation
At Ageless Wellness Center, we serve our patients with holistic treatment approaches to weight loss, among other health and wellness issues. To learn more about how we can help you with your weight loss needs through effective appetite suppression program, call us today in Peachtree City at 678.364.8414. Or, request an appointment by using our contact form.CONTACT US